Thursday, August 04, 2005

I saw Chris Clemens

At the bus stop. On Saturday. I recognized his symbols tattooed on his leg. Plus I've seen pictures on people's personal record keeping pages (blogs) and the like. It was weird. My first instinct was of course to walk up and introduce myself. Then the rational, fearful half of my brain changed my mind. It might be awkward crossing the line between semi-anonymous blogreading and face-to-face interactions (aside from my near-paranoia about meeting new people). What if I made an ass of myself. What if this person, whom I think is interesting thinks I'm boring. Or worse, what if I am boring and I've only been needing confirmation. What would I say anyway, other than "hi, you don't know me, but I read your blog"? Would I have to talk about Shetland ponies (of which I know very little, aside from the fact that they are frequently used as kiddie-go-rounds)? So I held my tongue and sat in my seat and the moment passed.

But really, it makes me think; what a strange world. (Or it could just be me)
inspire me

6 bric à brac

Blogger Corwin said...

people always like talking about the weather

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoulda said something! I was hung over and snarly and bored of public transit, but I still wouldnt have minded talking to someone... specially a blogger. I talk to my ipod but it never says anything back.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

weather is grossly overrated :)

they are rather boring now aren't they?
will keep such advice in mind in case of future random encounters.

9:04 PM  
Blogger David Alexander said...

You are invited to the blog party of course.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I really want to come, but I'm also kind of anxious about the thought (of course) :)

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh you'd best come!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home