Wednesday, March 29, 2006

seedy

anyone in need of seeds? i mostly have tomatoes of the heirloom variety. here's my stash:
  • cherokee purple tomato
  • black cherry tomato
  • green zebra tomato
  • black prince tomato
  • zucchini
  • bull's blood beet
  • ruby swiss chard
  • tendergreen bush beans
  • little marvel peas
  • sugar baby watermelon
  • black seeded simpson lettuce (green leaf)
if you're interested, let me know and i can drop 'em in the mail.

in other news, i got yet another new baby.
the new baby

she's so pretty and retro - and she takes lovely pictures, even when i'm not quite sure how to handle her.
breakfast at the diner (posies)discarded

it's probably not the wisest thing for me to be doing - investing in a new camera when i should be saving my money for cuba. did i mention i'm going to cuba? for five weeks?! i'm so excited...and terrified. well, at least i'll get to dance with beautiful cuban men (and women)...and the super-coloursaturated streets of la habaña will be well recorded by my beautiful new-old sx70.

garsh!
inspire me

4 bric à brac

Blogger Amy said...

Seeds!? You are my internet dream come true! I'm still getting my feet wet with this whole gardening thing, so I'm not sure which are the best kinds for my all sun all the time plot of land and/or patio...any suggestions?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

cp -- beans, peas, and tomatoes will do really well on the patio, in full sun -- as long as they are well watered, and especially for the tomatoes, make sure the soil is covered, either with some cloth, or mulch (cocoa fibres are great for that).

as for the yard, again tomatoes, bush beans, squash, watermelon, strawberries (don't have any of those in seeds -- hard to find -- but you can usually buy seedlings at the grocery store, starting in the next few weeks), and onions. if you have semi-shaded places in your yard, even next to to a tall fence, lettuces, beets, potatoes, carrots, and spinach will do well. herbs you can plant just about anywhere, but be careful they don't dry out and go to seed -- if they're in full sun.

let me know which seeds you want, and drop me your address -- i can pack 'em up and send them along shortly. i may not have many tomatoe seeds left to offer because my germination is not going so well, but all you need is five or six to start a couple of decent plants.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

tudor...thanks for that..i'm going on a study trip as well, and i've heard they kindof like americans down there, so i don't feel much better...

:)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Karen, yes, I would like seeds, please! I don't know your email address, but you can email me at captainpoultry [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thanks again!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home