Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Monday, February 06, 2006
who wants to go back in time?
This is a long-held fantasy for me. My dreams came closer to becoming reality when I found this want ad on the bus. I just hope we don't run into any Morlocks. Also, Guy Pearce should be shot so he can't do the crappy remake of the classic -- but only after he's made Memento. Shit, this is getting complicated...who's game?
Friday, February 03, 2006
what to do when you're sick
You have a gazillion school-type things you should be doing, but you just can't bring yourself to tackle any of it due to a wicked chest cold.
So instead you:
- go to your favourite french cafe with the basque flag in the window and eat buttery, heaven-sent croissants and lattés
- snuggle under your fleecy blanket with gobs of tea and a good book (Try not to be depressed at how many books you've read from Oprah's Book Club list -- you picked them before they were trendy! 100 Years of Solitude -- case in point!)
- take dozens of useless pictures of your rubber ducky in the bathtub
- join your rubber ducky in the bathtub along with some steaming water and magnesium sulfate
- read about old, obscure techniques
- drink carrot-ginger-garlic juice (while making a face because you put in too much garlic)
- fantasize about exciting adventures in distant lands
- plan your future
- listen to Deep Purple and David Bowie
- play the piano for hours in your robe and slippys
- do as much as possible that has no relation whatsoever to the zillions of school things you should be doing